- 12 to 14 slices dry bread broke
into pieces or one bag of seasoned bread cubes
- Hot chicken or turkey broth (enough
to moisten the bread crumbs)
- 1/2 cup chopped celery and leaves
- 1/4 cup onion
- 2-3 tablespoons sage
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cooked and chopped giblets
- 2-3 potatoes, chopped in small
- Chicken broth to cover
Moisten bread with chicken or
Cook potatoes in small amount of chicken broth.
Add the broth and
potatoes (slightly mash potatoes) to bread and broth mixture.
onion, sage, salt and pepper, and giblets. Mix together thoroughly.
Bake in greased casserole at 350° for 30 to 45 minutes or until center is set