- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tsp lemon zest, finely grated
- 2 tsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- ½ tsp salt, optional
- ½ cup olive oil, plus more to brush grill rack
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 lb. uncooked extra-large shrimp (26-30 per pound), peeled & deveined
- 3 zucchini, cut on sharp diagonal into ¾-inch-thick slices
- 2 yellow squash, cut on sharp diagonal into ¾-inch-thick slices
- 1 lb. asparagus, ends trimed
- 1 small red onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 8 oz. assorted heirloom cherry tomatoes
- 2 lemons, cut into wedges
Mix garlic, lemon zest, oregano, rosemary, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 cup oil
in small bowl. Season marinade to taste with black pepper.
shrimp in a medium bowl with 3 Tbsp marinade to coat. Cover and
refrigerate for at least 1 hour and up to 1 day. Cover and refrigerate
remaining marinade; return to room temperature before grilling.
Prepare barbecue for medium-high heat.
Thread shrimp onto flat metal skewers, spacing shrimp apart so they cook evenly.
toss zucchini, squash, asparagus and onions in a large bowl with 3
Tbsp remaining marinade to coat. Thread tomatoes onto additional flat
Brush grill rack with oil. Grill zucchini, squash
and onions until golden-brown grill marks form and the vegetables are
crisp-tender, about 10 minutes. Grill tomatoes until they begin to burst
open and caramelize, about 10 minutes.
Grill asparagus until
grill marks form and asparagus is crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. While
vegetables grill, brush some of remaining marinade over them and turn
vegetables as needed. Transfer vegetables to platter and tent with foil
to keep warm
Grill shrimp, brushing with remaining marinade,
until they are just cooked through and pink, about 2 minutes per side.
Squeeze juice from 1 lemon wedge over shrimp on grill.
Transfer shrimp to platter with vegetables and serve with remaining lemon wedges.