Harvest Pumpkin Soup
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree
- ½ cup canned pears
- ½ cup applesauce
- ½ cup orange juice
- ½ cup apple cider
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon
- ½ tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup vanilla low-fat yogurt
- 4 ounces chopped pecans, toasted
In a blender combine all of the
ingredients, except the yogurt and pecans. Blend until smooth.
into a bowl, cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
To serve, pour
into serving dishes and garnish with a tablespoon of vanilla yogurt, sprinkle
of pecans and dash of ground cinnamon.
Pumpkin Ice Cream Sundae – Warm
the pumpkin mixture and serve over ice cream. If too thick, thin with a
small amount of apple cider. Sprinkle with chopped pecans and dash
of ground cinnamon.
Pumpkin Ice Cream Beverage – In
a blender, add 2 parts vanilla ice cream with 1 part pumpkin mixture. Blend until smooth and serve immediately.
Pumpkin Cider Beverage – Add 2
cups apple cider to the pumpkin mixture. Serve hot or cold. Use
cinnamon sticks for garnish.