- 1 1/2 lbs beef, cut into
chunks (splurge on the cut if you can)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can tomato
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can water
- 4 carrots, cut into chunks (peeling is optional)
- 4 large potatoes, cut into
chunks (peeling is optional)
- 4 onions, cut into chunks
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup good quality cooking
- 2 bay leaves
Preheat oven to 300F degrees.
In a heavy skillet brown the
beef in the butter over medium high heat.
Add the soup and water and stir
Add the rest of the ingredients
and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring once.
Transfer to a cast iron Dutch
oven or oven proof pot and cook in the oven, covered for 5 hours, stirring
Remove from oven and take out bay