- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 32-oz. jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup water
- 15 oz. ricotta cheese /cottage cheese
- 2 Tbsp fresh chives, chopped or 2 tsp dried chives
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 egg
- 8 oz. lasagna noodles, uncooked
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, grated
- 2 Tbsp parmesan cheese, grated
Brown ground beef in a large skillet; drain well.
Add spaghetti sauce and water and mix well; simmer 5 minutes.
In a medium bowl, combine ricotta, chives, oregano and egg; mix well.
In bottom of
ungreased 13x9-inch baking dish or lasagna pan, spread 1 1/2 cups meat
sauce. Top with half of the noodles, half of the ricotta cheese mixture
and half of the mozzarella. Repeat with remaining noodles, ricotta
cheese mixture and mozzarella. Top with remaining meat sauce.
Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Heat oven to 350 degrees.
Uncover baking dish and bake for 50-60 minutes, or until noodles are tender and casserole is bubbly.