- 12 ounces cooked beef (such as steak, roast, pot roast or deli roast beef), thinly sliced
- 4 medium whole wheat flour tortillas (8 to 10-inch diameter)
- Hummus, any variety or Garlicky White Bean Spread (recipe follows)
- Fresh salad greens (such as baby spinach, arugula, mixed salad greens or thinly sliced Romaine)
Grape tomatoes halves, shredded carrots, red bell pepper strips, thinly sliced cucumber, thinly sliced red onion
- Spread each tortilla evenly with bean dip, as desired, leaving 1/4-inch border around edge. Top with equal amounts salad greens and vegetables, as desired. Top evenly with and beef slices. Roll up tightly.
Garlicky White Bean Spread: Combine 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) great Northern or cannellini beans, rinsed, drained, 2 tablespoons water, 1 tablespoon lemon juice,1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar, 1 small clove garlic, minced and ½ teaspoon salt in blender or food processor. Blend until smooth.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Nutrition information per serving, using deli roast beef, hummus and a variety of vegetables: 290 calories; 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat; 0 g monounsaturated fat); 38 mg cholesterol; 1046 mg sodium; 31 g carbohydrate; 3.8 g fiber; 22 g protein; 0.2 mg niacin; 0.0 mg vitamin B6; 0.0 mcg vitamin B12; 3.2 mg iron; 0.1 mcg selenium; 0.1 mg zinc; 2.7 mg chlorine.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein; and a good source of fiber and iron.