Special Advertiser Content
On The Menu: Sweet & Sloppy Joes
SWEET & SLOPPY JOES
All you need:
* 1 pound ground beef
* 1 cup small diced bell peppers, ¼ to ½ inch (red, green, yellow or orange)
* 1/2 cup chopped onion
* 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
* 1/2 cup water
* 1/2 cup golden raisins, finely chopped
* 2 teaspoons ancho chile powder (optional)
* 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
* 4 whole-wheat hamburger buns, split
* Toppings (optional): Chopped mango, chopped tomato, chopped fresh cilantro, sliced green onion, shredded cheddar cheese
All you do:
* Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add ground beef, bell pepper and onion; cook 8 to 10 minutes, breaking beef into 1/4-inch crumbles and stirring occasionally. Remove drippings.
* Stir in tomato sauce, water, raisins, ancho chile powder and oregano; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 15 to 18 minutes or until sauce thickens slightly, stirring occasionally.
* Evenly divide beef mixture on bottom half of each bun. Garnish with toppings, as desired; close sandwiches.
Nutrition information per serving using 93% lean ground beef: 397 calories; 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat; 4 g monounsaturated fat); 85 mg cholesterol; 658 mg sodium; 44 g carbohydrate; 5.9 g fiber; 28 g protein; 9.7 mg niacin; 0.6 mg vitamin B6; 2.8 mcg vitamin B12; 5.4 mg iron; 40.3 mcg selenium; 6.7 mg zinc; 105.4 mg choline.staa
(Courtesy of Hy-Vee's Kaiti George)