- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 medium uncooked red onion(s), thinly sliced
- 2 (medium) garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 medium oranges, peeled, segmented
- 2 tbsp cilantro, fresh, chopped
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1/8 tsp table salt, or to taste
- 1/8 tsp black pepper, or to taste
- In large skillet, warm oil over medium-high heat. Add onion; sauté 2 minutes. Add garlic and cumin; cook 1 minute more.
- Stir in black beans; cook just until heated through, about 1 to 1 1/2 minutes. Transfer bean mixture to a medium-size bowl; stir in oranges, cilantro and vinegar. Season to taste with salt and pepper; serve. Yields about 3/4 cup per serving.