Pomegranate & Pear Salsa
Serves: 10 (about ¼ cup each)
All you need:
- 2 large pomegranates – or 1 ¾ c. seeds
- 1 Red pear, cored and diced
- ¼ cup minced red onion
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup 100% pomegranate juice
- Juice of 1 lime (2T)
- 1 T. sugar
All you do:
- Score each pomegranate and place in large bowl of water. Break open pomegranates under water to release the seeds to the bottom. Strain away water and place seeds in medium mixing bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and toss to mix evenly.
- Serve with baked chips, whole-wheat crackers or as a garnish to fish or chicken.
Nutrition Facts (per serving): 40 calories, 0 g fat, 0 g saturated fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 0 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 0 g protein