- 2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- ?1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup strawberry jam
Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, rosemary and salt in mixing bowl. Cut in the cold butter. Stir in the cream.
Pat dough to approximately. ½ inch thick and cut into wedges for scones or use a circle cutter for shortcakes. If using a cutter, press scrapes of dough together and cut more circles.
Make an indention with measuring spoon in center of each wedge and fill with ½ tablespoon of strawberry or raspberry jam.
Place on parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 18-20 minutes at 375 degrees.
Make a glaze of powdered sugar and lemon juice to drizzle over slightly cooled scones.
Sprinkle round scones with sugar and bake for 18-20 minutes at 375 degrees