For the crust:
- 1 (9 ounce box) Thin Mint Girl Scout cookies, coarsely chopped
- 7 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
For the filling:
- 12 ounces bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 2 pounds cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
Finely grind cookies with food processor. Put in bowl and add melted butter and mix until crumbs start to stick together. Press crumb mixture firmly into 9-inch springform pan. Chill until ready to use.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Melt chocolate in bowl set over simmering water. Stir until smooth. Let cool until lukewarm.
Beat together cream cheese and sugar. Add eggs one at a time. Then add melted chocolate, heavy cream, cocoa powder, vanilla extract, and peppermint extracts. Beat together until smooth and streak free.
Pour filling into prepared crust, smooth the top, and bake until center is set, or about 1 hour.
Transfer to rack to cool for 20 minutes. Cool completely then cover with plastic wrap and chill overnight.