Weight Watchers Retro Recipes: Shake and Bake Chicken, Slaw and Veggie Dip
Serves 4 PPV per serving: 6 (1 breast half)
- 2/3 cup cornflake crumbs
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon dark brown sugar
- ¾ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¾ tsp onion powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 bone in chicken breast halves,
skinned (about 2 pounds)
oven to 400. Spray a baking sheet with
the cornflake crumbs, flour, paprika, sugar, garlic powder, onion powder, salt
and cumin in large zip close plastic bag.
Shake the bag to evenly coat the chicken. Repeat with the remaining chicken pieces;
discard any remaining coating mixture.
until a thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the each breast registers
165 degrees, 35-40 minutes.
Serves 4 PPV: 2 (1 ½ cups)
- 1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon reduced
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons white wine or apple
- 3 tablespoons plain fat-free yogurt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon celery seeds
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 small (1-pound) green cabbage,
shredded into 4 cups
- 2 carrots, peeled and grated
- 1 small onion, minced (optional)
Whisk together mayo, vinegar, and
yogurt, oil, mustard, sugar, celery seeds, salt and pepper in a large
Add the cabbage,
carrots and onion, if using, to the bowl; toss to coat evenly.
Serve at once, or cover and refrigerate up to
3 hours (add the onion just before serving).
Creamy Onion Dip
Serves 8, Vegetarian
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 large sweet onion chopped
- ¼ cup water
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1 cup low fat plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup light mayo
- 2teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 cups assorted veggies (such as carrots, celery, and bell
peppers) cut up
Heat a large non–stick skillet over
Swirl in the oil, and then
add the onion. Cover and cook stirring occasionally
until softened, about 5 minutes.
the heat to medium-low, uncover and cook, stirring frequently until onion is
very soft and golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes. Spoon the onion onto a plate.
the water to a skillet and crumble the bouillon cube, stirring until the cube
dissolves. Let the onion and broth stand
until cool about 20 minutes.
Stir together the onion, broth,
yogurt, mayo, lemon juice, and salt in medium bowl. Cover and refrigerate until chilled, at least
2 hours or up to 3 days