MENU
component-ddb-728x90-v1-01-desktop

Fire displaces Amherst family

Fire displaces Amherst family. (NTV News)

An Amherst family is without a place to live Monday night after a fire ripped through their home.

Amherst's volunteer fire chief says the family was away from the house just South of 190th road and Sartoria roads but one of the homeowners noticed the blaze on the way back and called it in.

It caused roughly $250,000 in damage. The Red Cross responded and is helping the family tonight.

Investigators say a lit gas grill that was accidentally left unattended led to the blaze.

Trending