G.I.F.D. pushes safety after two house fires
A Grand Island family is without their home.
According to the G.I. Fire Department, an electrical fire started Wednesday at a trailer home at 114 North Lane.
Firefighters said they were able to put it out in 10 minutes, but say the home is a total loss.
The American Red Cross assisted the four people living there.
Also in G.I., fire officials said a home at 1704 Allegheny Circle was hit by lightning on Tuesday.
They said flames made their way through the attic, living area and roof.
No injuries were reported in either fires.
Firefighters said the best way to prepare for these types of fires is to check your smoke detectors and have a plan for your family to escape.