MENU
component-ddb-728x90-v1-01-desktop

McCook man loses home in electrical fire

(NTV News)

A McCook man lost his home to a fire late Wednesday night, according to the McCook Fire Department.

Fire crews responded to the fire at 10:07 p.m., and officials say heavy smoke and fire was coming from the front of the house and through the roof.

The lone resident, Leeland Klecker, Jr., broke out a bedroom window to escape the blaze after he determined that the other exits were engulfed in flames.

It took 23 firefighters four hours to extinguish all of the flames and hot spots.

The home was considered a total loss, valued at $17,000 and $3,000 for its contents.

The State Fire Marshal said the fire sparked on the front porch and quickly spread, and that the cause was electrical.

The Red Cross responded and is providing assistance to the homeowner, and the Red Willow Western Rural Fire Department also responded to the fire.

close video ad
Unmutetoggle ad audio on off

Trending