The Lopers, under the direction of strength and conditioning coach Jon Larsen and his staff, also test out after winter conditioning. If a player has an injury, he may not test out in a certain area or altogether. Newcomers also don't take part in all the test areas.
Of note, 2013 All-MIAA inside linebacker Tyke Kozeal (6-0, 230 lbs.) tied for the team lead in the squat (597 lbs.) while ranking second in the pro agility drill (3.95 seconds) and tying for the fifth in the bench (365 lbs.) and vertical leap (33.0 inches).
Preseason All-American and 2015 NFL draft prospect Cole Manhart (6-6, 310 lbs.) squatted 594 lbs. and led all offensive linemen with a 27.5 vertical while ranking second among o-linemen in the pro agility drill (4.55 seconds).
Among skill position players, junior QB Bronson Marsh (6-0, 200 lbs.) had a team-best 3.91 time in the pro agility drill while also squatting 438 lbs. and benching 355 lbs. Next, running back-turned-receiver Dalton Sealey (6-0, 195 lbs.) ranked fifth in both vertical leap (33 inches) and pro agility (4.08 seconds).
Finally, redshirt freshman receiver Kalen Woodyard (6-2, 180 lbs.), who was at QB last fall, led UNK with a 37.5 inch vertical leap. He joined Kozeal (3.99) and Marsh as Lopers to record a sub-4.00 second time in the pro agility drill by turning a 3.99.
UNK will work out twice daily until school starts on Monday, August 25th.
1. Zach Beard (So., OL, Rancho Cucamonga, Calif.) 420 lbs.
2. Jonathan Gula (So., OL, Chula Vista, Calif.) 405 lbs.
3. Romero Cotton (Jr., RB, Hutchinson, Kans.) 391 lbs.
4. Corey Van Dorn (Fr., ILB, Orange Park, Fla.) 375 lbs.
5. Tyke Kozeal (So., ILB, Sargent) 365 lbs.
Justus Wallin (Fr., ILB, Imperial) 365 lbs.
1. Tyke Kozeal 597 lbs.
Sam Stoltenberg (Fr-R, DL, Omaha) 597 lbs.
3. Cole Manhart (Sr., OT, Highlands Ranch, Colo.) 594 lbs.
Jake Filsinger (Fr-R, OG, Shawnee Mission, Kans.) 594 lbs.
5. Zach Beard 547 lbs.
1. Kalen Woodyard (Fr-R, Ocala, Fla.) 37.5 inches
2. Tanner Mazour (Fr., Box Safety, Albion) 36
3. Riley Bonifas (Sr., SS/OLB, Blue Hill) 34
4. Jon Alstrom (So., DE, Bassett) 33.5
5. Tyke Kozeal 33
Dalton Sealey (Jr., WR, Hastings) 33
1. Bronson Marsh (Jr., QB, Omaha) 3.91 seconds
2. Tyke Kozeal 3.95
3. Kalen Woodyard 3.99
4. Traveon Freeman (Jr., WR, Peoria, Ariz.) 4.06
5. Tannor Mroczek (Jr., WR, Gothenburg) 4.08
Dalton Sealey 4.08
Greg Sherwood (Jr., Box Safety, Alta Loma, Calif.) 4.08
Courtesy of UNK Media Relations