NTV OUTSTANDING TEACHER
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
Contest: Outstanding Teacher
Station: Sinclair Television of Omaha, LLC dba KHGI and KWNB (NTV)
Station Address: P.O. Box 220, Kearney, NE 68848
Contest Area: Adams NE, Antelope NE, Blaine NE, Boone NE, Boyd NE, Brown NE, Buffalo NE, Butler NE, Chase NE, Clay NE, Custer NE, Dawson NE, Fillmore NE, Franklin NE, Frontier NE, Furnas NE, Gage NE, Garfield NE, Gosper NE, Greeley NE, Hall NE, Hamilton NE, Harlan NE, Hayes NE, Hitchcock NE, Holt NE, Howard NE, Jefferson NE, Kearney NE, Keya Paha NE, Lancaster NE, Lincoln NE, Loup NE, Merrick NE, Nance NE, Nuckolls NE, Pawnee NE, Perkins NE, Phelps NE, Polk NE, Red Willow NE, Republic KS, Rock NE, Saline NE, Seward NE, Sherman NE, Smith KS, Thayer NE, Valley NE, Webster NE, Wheeler NE, York NE
Prize Provider: Runza
Age of Eligibility: Students currently enrolled in Kindergarten through Twelfth (12) grade (Parents of children unable to write may write the nomination letter on behalf of their child).
Contest Period: September 8, 2016 through May 12, 2017
Entries Due: 11:59PM CT on the first Thursday of each month: October 6, 2016; November 3, 2016; December 1, 2016; January 5, 2017; February 2, 2017; March 2, 2017; April 6, 2017; May 4, 2017
Entry is limited to one (1) entry per IP address; however, a nominee may be nominated by multiple entrants.
Remaining valid entries will carry over to the next Winner Selection Date.
Nomination Topic: Nominate your Outstanding Teacher. Nominee teacher must currently be the Kindergarten through twelfth (12) grade teacher of entrant at a school within the Contest Area.
Judging Criteria: Content of letter (50%), Creativity (25%), and Teacher's attributes (25%)
Total Number of Winners: Eight (8)
Winner Determination Dates: Winners will be determined on the first Friday of each month starting in October: October 7, 2016; November 4, 2016; December 2, 2016; January 6, 2017; February 3, 24, 2017; March 3, 2017; April 7, 2017; May 5, 2017
Prizes and Values: Each winning teacher will receive one (1) $25 Runza gift card and will be highlighted on the Stations’ news segments as well as promos that run for the rest of the month in which he or she is selected as a winner, as listed below. Due to its nature, the value of such feature cannot be determined. Total retail value of each prize is $25.00.
- October 7, 2016--winner will be highlighted the week of October 9, 2016
- November 4, 2016--winner will be highlighted the week of November 7, 2016
- December 2, 2016--winner will be highlighted the week of December 5, 2016
- January 6, 2016--winner will be highlighted the week of January 9, 2017
- February 3, 2016--winner will be highlighted the week of February 6, 2017
- March 3, 2016--winner will be highlighted the week of March 6, 2017
- April 7, 2016--winner will be highlighted the week of April 10, 2017
- May 5, 2016--winner will be highlighted the week of May 8, 2017
Station’s Website: www.nebraska.tv
Station’s Website Terms and Conditions: http://nebraska.tv/station/terms
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
All capitalized terms shall have the meanings set forth above.
How to Enter
By entering, entrants agree that the nominee, not the entrant, is eligible to win the prize. There are two (2) ways to enter; please select one (1).
1. To enter by mail, hand print or type a letter explaining why your teacher is outstanding and deserves to win. Include your name, teacher's name, grade and school's name, and mail it to the Station Address with the Contest name. No mechanically reproduced or completed entries will be accepted.
2. Alternatively, hand print or type a letter explaining why your teacher is outstanding and deserves to win. Include your name, teacher's name, grade and school's name, and drop it off during regular business hours at the Station Address with the Contest name. No mechanically reproduced or completed entries will be accepted.
Judging of Entries/How to Win
1. Each entry will be judged and scored by a panel of judges comprised of Station personnel based on the Judging Criteria for the Nomination Topic. On each Winner Determination Date, the judges will determine one (1) winner with the highest score based on the criteria set forth above.
2. As a condition of winning, each winner must sign an appearance release and agree to be highlighted on the station’s news program and in contest promotions. Failure to do so will result in disqualification. Station reserves the right to reduce the number of winners or cancel the contest in the event that insufficient entries are received for judging.
1. To be eligible to participate in the Contest, entrants must be U.S. residents who are at least the Age of Eligibility, and reside in the Contest Area. Nominees must be U.S. residents who are at least the Age of Eligibility, reside in the Contest Area, and meet the criteria of the Nomination Topic.
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Station (collectively, the “Company”), Sponsor(s), Prize Provider(s), contest software providers, social media platforms, each of their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, domestic partners, grandparents, parents, siblings, children, grandchildren, and any other relatives who reside in the same household with employee. Only one winner per household.
Contest Terms and Conditions
1. Station is not responsible for lost, late, garbled, or misdirected entries, printing errors, server unavailability, computer or any other electronic malfunction. All entries received that are duplicate, mutilated, tampered with, incorrect, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries become the property of the Company and will not be acknowledged or returned.
2. Station cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information. Station is not responsible for any technological malfunction, or human error relating to the Contest.
3. Prizes are provided “as is” without any express or implied warranty of any kind including warranties of merchantability, non-infringement or intellectual property, or fitness for any particular purpose. Prizes are subject to the Sponsor(s) and/or Prize Provider(s) standard terms and conditions, and expiration dates. For any ticket related prize, Station, Sponsor(s) and Prize Provider(s) are not responsible if any event or performance is cancelled or postponed.
4. Each winner will be notified by email or phone. Before claiming any prize, each winner must provide his/her correct name, address and telephone number to Station at the time of notification. Each winner must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received within three (3) days of notification (or less due to prize use time constraints), at the time winner claims his/her prize in person at the Station. Each winner must show picture identification to claim his/her prize. Station reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding any prize based on the identification presented. Alternative arrangements may be made, at the Station’s sole and absolute discretion, to permit electronic winner verification.
5. If a winner cannot be notified within two (2) days, or does not timely sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility, then the prize will be forfeited, and time permitting, the prize will be awarded to an alternate winner with the next highest score, as determined by the judges in their sole and absolute discretion. If time does not permit for an alternate winner to be determined, then the prize will be forfeited, and the prize will remain the property of the Station.
6. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for any prize except at the sole discretion of Station. The Station has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No sale, transfer or assignment of any prize is allowed.
7. Each winner is responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules. Each winner must sign a W-9 form.
8. Entrants (or nominee winners) are eligible to win only one (1) prize within any ninety (90) day period, regardless of the number of contests entered.
9. The Company is not liable if the provider of any part of a prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize.
10. The Company, Sponsor(s), Prize Provider(s), and Facebook accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind directly or indirectly caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded in the Contest. By entering, entrants (and by accepting winner status, nominees) agree to release the Company, Sponsor(s), Prize Provider(s), contest software providers, social media platforms, and each of their respective parent, affiliates, officers, directors, employees and agents, from any and all claims, loss, damage or injury as a result of or incident to his/her participation in the Contest or his/her use of the prize. Entrants (and nominee winners) further acknowledge and agree that if a winner, the Company has the right to publicize entrant’s (or nominee’s) name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that you are a winner of the Contest for promotional purposes, without financial remuneration.
11. Complete Official Rules for the Contest are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at the Station and on the Station’s Website. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to the Station at the Station Address within thirty (30) days of the last day of the Contest Period.
12. The Station has the right to disqualify any entrant it determines has not complied with the Contest Rules. All decisions by the Station shall be final and binding relating to this contest, including the interpretation of the Contest Rules. Station reserves the right to make rules and contest changes and change the contest dates. Station reserves the right to cancel/terminate, modify or suspend the Contest if in Station’s sole determination it believes that the integrity of the Contest has been, or could be, compromised or that the Contest is not capable of running as planned or fairly, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or force majeure or any other causes beyond the Station’s control.