GIPD Shares Halloween Safety Tips
It's that time of year again when parents are preparing for Halloween -- getting costumes ready, buying candy and figuring out where to take their trick-or-treaters.
The Grand Island Police Department is sharing a few reminders to keep everyone safe this Halloween:
- Wear a costume that fits and that allows for unimpaired vision. Also, a brightly colored costume is better for drivers to see.
- Carry a flashlight to see and to be seen.
- Go with an adult and go out early.
- Remember to be safe when crossing the street.
- It's best to go to homes that you know. There are also several community events with candy and games as an alternative to trick-or-treating in the neighborhood.
- Check your treats before you eat them.