Buzz Savories Honey Rhubarb Crisp
Truly a match made in heaven. Our local honey matched with fresh rhubarb creates a smooth blend of sour and sweet with no sugary after taste. A healthy dessert made for breakfast too!
- 1 8 cup ceramic or glass or enamel baking dish
- What You'll Need:
- 5 cups rhubarb cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1/2 cup Buzz Savories artisanal honey
- 2 Tb flour
- 1 1/2 cups Old-fashioned oats
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup Buzz Savories artisanal honey
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1/2 tsp salt
How To Prepare:
- Preheat oven to 375 Degrees.
- Cut rhubarb into approximately 1 inch chunks and place in large bowl.
- Sprinkle flour over rhubarb and stir until the chucks are lightly coated.
- Mix in the honey.
- Grease a baking dish with butter. Pour the rhubarb mixture into the baking dish.
- Place oats in a bowl.
- Add the brown sugar and salt to the oatmeal and mix thoroughly.
- Melt the butter in microwave 1 minute. Add the melted butter and mix again.
- Pour the honey over the oatmeal mixture and stir until all is blended.
- Spoon the topping over the rhubarb in an even layer.
- Place in the oven and bake for 45 minutes.
- Cool for minimum of 20 minutes before serving to allow juice to thicken.