Celebrating Farmer's Markets - On the Menu -Sauteed Summer Veggies - Carol Schwarz
Sautéed Summer Veggies
2 small zucchini, diced
2 small summer squash, diced
1/2 cup red onion, diced
1 cup fresh sweet corn
1 medium tomato, diced
1 tablespoon water
1 garlic clove, minced
2 teaspoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Sauté in a large skillet onion, garlic and water until onions look translucent, approximately 2-3 minutes.
2. Add zucchini, summer squash and fresh corn; cook for another 2-3 minutes.
3. Add tomato, oregano, red pepper flakes and salt; cook for another minute.
4. Remove from heat and transfer to a serving bowl.
5. Sprinkle vegetables with chopped parsley. Yields: 6 servings.