Mexican Street Corn Pasta Salad - Carol Staab
Mexican Street Corn Pasta Salad
• 2 cups miniature farfelle pasta uncooked
• 3 cups 2 (15-ounce) cans
• 1 large avocado
• 3 green onions
• 1/2 bunch cilantro
• 6-8 strips hardwood smoked bacon
• 1/2 cup feta
• 1/2 canned cup black beans
• 1/2 cup full fat regular mayo no substitutes
• 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice and 1/4 teaspoon lime zest
• 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
• 1/4 teaspoon paprika
• 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
• 1 teaspoon Sriracha or hot sauce
• Pinch of salt and ground black pepper
1.Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse under cold water. Make sure the pasta is completely dry.
2. canned corn: heat a large cast iron skillet on medium high heat for 3-4 minutes or until very hot. Drain corn and place in a single layer and cook for about 5 minutes stirring once in between or until browned. Avoid stirring too often as this will keep the corn from getting a good roast.
3. Meanwhile prep the veggies: chop the avocado into small pieces, chop the green onions, coarsely chop the cilantro and cook then crumble the bacon. Crumble the cheese. Add black beans if desired.
4. In a large bowl combine the completely dry and cooled pasta, cooled corn, avocado, onions, cilantro, jalapeno, bacon, and cheese. **If you don't plan on eating this in one sitting and immediately after making, don't add the bacon, cheese, or avocado. Add those in separately right before enjoying.
5. Toss together.
6. In a small bowl combine all of the dressing ingredients and whisk together until completely combined.
7.Toss with the salad and enjoy!