Shannon Frink shares recipe for Guilt-Free Mini Apple Pie
Guilt-Free Mini-Apple Pie
2 cups white whole wheat flour
¼ tsp salt
3/8 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 T. Truvia
1/3 cup canola oil
1/4 cold water
4 cups peeled apple, chopped finely
2 T. Truvia Brown Sugar Baking Blend OR 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup raw walnuts, diced small, optional
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup white whole wheat flour
3 T. Truvia Brown Sugar Baking Blend
1/4 cup oil
All you do:
1. To prepare the crust: Whisk together the flour, salt, sugar and baking powder. Next, whisk together the oil and water, then pour over the dry ingredients. Stir with a fork until the dough is evenly moistened.
2. Pat the dough across the bottom and sides of muffin tins (or pie pan). A small flat-bottomed measuring cup or glass helps smooth the bottom. Crimp the edge, or flatten with the tines of a fork.
3. To prepare the filling: Toss the apple, cinnamon and sweetener in a medium bowl. Spread evenly over the baked crust.
4. To prepare the crumble topping: Combine all crumble ingredients. Sprinkle the crumble evenly over the apples.
5. Bake for 20-30 minutes until the apples are soft and the crust is golden brown