Caseworkers visit communities to help with federal program issues
People in central Nebraska who are facing problems with federal agencies such as Social Security or Medicare will have an opportunity to meet with caseworkers this month.
The Caseworker in Your Community events are set for July 25 in Hastings, Minden, and Kearney, and July 26 in York and Crete.
Caseworker in Your Community is an opportunity for constituents to meet directly with one of Congressman Adrian Smith’s congressional caseworkers. Caseworkers may be able to assist constituents who are having problems dealing with a federal agency such as the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, Social Security, Medicare, passports and visas through the U.S. Department of State, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, or the Internal Revenue Service.
Caseworker in Your Community will be held at the following times and locations:
Wednesday, July 25
- Hastings: Hastings Public Library at 314 N. Denver Avenue from 9-10 a.m.
- Minden: Kearney County Courthouse Assembly Room at 424 N. Colorado Avenue from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Kearney: Kearney Public Library Loup Room at 2020 1st Avenue, Kearney from 2-3 p.m.
Thursday, July 26
- York: Kilgore Memorial Library at 520 Nebraska Ave from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Crete: Crete Public Library Nebraska Room at 305 E. 13th Street from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m.
For additional information about the events, contact Smith’s Grand Island office at 308-384-3900.