Class canceled at Aurora Elementary School due to carbon monoxide
UPDATE: School officials say classes will be held as usual on Friday.
Class was canceled at Aurora Elementary School on Thursday, after carbon monoxide was detected.
Superintendent Damon McDonald said a "strong odor" was detected around 7 a.m.
McDonald said there were no students in the building, only a handful of staff members who noticed the issue. McDonald made the decision to cancel school, and sent a message to parents. He said parents reacted well, and added he hoped to have the school back open Thursday.
The superintendent said the fire department was on scene, and was looking at a rooftop heat unit as a possible source of the carbon monoxide.
By 10 a.m., McDonald said the levels were going down.