Five lose home in Grand Island fire sparked by air conditioning outlet

(NTV News)

Five people are without a home in Grand Island after a fire broke out early Wednesday morning.

The Grand Island Fire Department said firefighters responded to the fire at 1804 S Lincoln Ave at around 3 a.m., where they said heavy smoke and flames were coming out of the window.

The fire was under control within 20 minutes, but there was significant damage to the home and was likely a total loss.

Authorities said the fire was sparked at an electrical outlet that was powering a window air conditioning unit.

The American Red Cross is working with the family to meet their immediate needs.

close video ad
Unmutetoggle ad audio on off

Trending