Hy-Vee providing free biometric screenings in February
Hy-Vee is partnering with multiple companies and organizations to provide 3,000 free biometric screenings throughout its eight-state region during the month of February, according to a press release from the company. In honor of Heart Health Month, Hy-Vee dietitians working out of Hy-Vee Healthy You Mobiles will offer the free biometric screenings to customers at 164 Hy-Vee stores. Appointments will be taken on a first-come, first-served basis.
A biometric screening is a combination of measurements and readings about certain health factors that may help in identifying potential risk factors for chronic diseases or conditions, like heart disease, hypertension or diabetes. The dietitians will collect a blood sample from a finger prick that will be used to determine cholesterol levels, triglycerides and glucose levels. They will also take resting blood pressure, measurements of height, weight and waist, and will calculate body mass index.
The entire screening process typically takes 15 to 20 minutes and all results will be reviewed and received during the screening.
Nebraska screenings are as follows:
- Grand Island - 115 Wilmar Avenue Friday, Feb. 9 from 8-11 a.m.
- Kearney - 5212 3rd Avenue Thursday, Feb. 8 from 8-11 a.m.
- Fremont - 840 E. 23rd Street Tuesday, Feb. 20 from 8-11 a.m.
- Columbus - 3010 23rd Street Saturday, Feb. 10 from 8-11 a.m.
- Lincoln - 7151 Stacy Lane Wednesday, Feb. 7 from 8-11 a.m.
- Lincoln - 5020 N. 27th Street Tuesday, Feb. 6 from 8-11 a.m.
- Norfolk - 120 E. Norfolk Avenue Tuesday, Feb. 13 from 8-11 a.m.
- Norfolk - 2107 Taylor Avenue Wednesday, Feb. 14 from 8-11 a.m.
- Omaha - 747 N. 132nd Street Saturday, Feb. 3 form 8-11 a.m.
- Omaha - 5150 Center Street Wednesday, Feb. 21 from 8-11 a.m.
- Omaha - 8809 W. Center Road Thursday, Feb. 22 from 8-11 a.m.
- Omaha - 10808 Fort Street Friday, Feb. 23 from 8-11 a.m.
- Omaha - 7910 Cass Street Saturday, Feb. 24 from 8-11 a.m.
- Omaha - 9707 Q Street Monday, Feb. 26 from 8-11 a.m.
- Omaha - 3410 N. 156th Street Tuesday, Feb. 27 from 8-11 a.m.
- Omaha - 1000 S. 178th Street Wednesday, Feb. 28 from 8-11 a.m.
To find local screening dates and locations, visit https://hy-vee.com/corporate/news-events/news-press-releases/heart-health-tour-2018/.